Finding A Man That Is Ready For Marriage
Nowadays, it is very hard to find a man that you like, but keeping him next to you for the whole of your life is even harder. While compatibility is ultra-important when it comes to finding a man that is prepared to marry you, you also need for him to be in a “Marriage mind-set”.
Timing can be very important when it comes to marriage. If you end up with a guy who is looking for a fun, flirty relationship for the next five years, with no intention of marrying, then you’ll have to live with that. No amount of hinting and talk of marriage is going to change his mind.
You almost have to be on the lookout from the get-go of a relationship for somebody that seems like they’ve reached that stage in their lives where they are looking to settle down and have a family. For that reason, take care to avoid men who are on the rebound, looking for casual fun or seem totally career oriented if you are looking for him to propose to you.
What If He Doesn’t Seem Ready To Commit?
That said, there are things that can get him more in the mood to propose if you feel you’re in the right relationship but he just doesn’t seem ready to commit just yet. What can you do to nudge him in the direction of giving you the ring that you have been waiting for such a long time for? Read the following tips to find out.
- Learn to love and respect yourself. Analyze your character and change the things you do not like. Many people believe that self-respect is the key. And believe it, men prefer women who take care of themselves.
- Men love realistic women. Crying and pleading will not only scare your partner, but it might also make him leave you. Control your emotions and moods.
- Do not rush things. Give him time to get to know you better and give him the space that he needs to trust you completely. This way, you will both see if you are compatible or not.
- We know that women tend to be a little too gadfly and impatient sometimes. If you badger him all the time, your partner will start doubting the bond between you and your relationship in general.
- Make sure to inject some humor into the relationship. Although you are in this relationship for the haul, try not to show him your dissatisfaction that he has not proposed yet. All your interactions together should be fun and exciting. This way, he’ll be more likely to want to stay with you for the rest of his life.
- Be confident and sexy. This does not mean that you have to be vulgar. Kiss him sensually and make him want you. Also make him work to get you in the sheets. If there’s no challenge left for him in wooing you he’s more likely to move on. This will appeal to his masculine, alpha male side.
- Tell your partner that you like him because he is both strong and tender. Men like to be admired and loved for what they are and not for their potential financial possibilities.
- Being funny and amusing can also help you win his heart for the long term. Who needs sad and grouchy women?
- Try to understand him and let him discover you piece by piece. Take long walks, talk about things you both like and tell him what he wants to know about you. This way, you will get to know each other better.
- Talk about marriage in general and see what he thinks about that. Do not let him believe that you want to get married no matter what and right now. Just make a few subtle suggestions and let him understand that making your relationship official would make you very happy one day.
- Let him understand that you will always love him, no matter what difficulties you have to face. Every couple has misunderstandings and fights at a given moment. What matters is how you get over the problems. If your relationship is based on respect and if you are both mature enough, anything can usually be solved.
- Make him understand that you will say “yes” if he pops the question. Many times, men fear they will be rejected and they’ll quite often avoid proposing for that very reason.
Getting To The Point Of Proposal
Marriage is one of the most important events in anyone’s life, implying sincerity and commitment. A relationship based on love, respect, understanding and proper communication will rarely fail.
If you feel that you want to spend your whole life with this guy, give him time and help him to feel the same way about you. When the time comes, the ring will be sparkling on your finger!